- If you are using an Android device you can exit the app at any time by pressing the back button. You will receive a confirmation message before the app exits.
- Use the bottom tab bar to navigate through the app.
- If the tab bar is not visible then use either the "Done" or "Cancel" button, depending on which screen you are on, to go back to the previous screen.
- If you are going to track a team(s) or several players linked to a team, we suggest creating the team first.
- If you are adding the player's number instead of their name in this view, we suggest # - Team name (e.g. 23 - Astros). If you add new players in the Lineup View the team name is added automatically.
- Use the controls at the top of the screen to add a new player and assign the player to a team.
- Tapping the button adds a player while keeping the keyboard visible. This makes it easier to add multiple players.
- Using the "Enter/Return" key on the keyboard will add a player (Android & iOS) and dismiss the keyboard (Android only).
- Tap the button to clear the "New Player" text box and dismiss the keyboard.
- If team is not selected when a player is created, they will be unassigned.
- When a team is chosen it will stay selected until changed. This makes it easier to add multiple players to one team.
- Tap the "Player" or "Team" header to sort them alphabetically.
- Tap the check box to the left of the player name to select that player.
- Tap "Play Selected" button to play the selected player(s) with a default lineup.
- Tap "Delete Selected" button to delete the selected player(s) that are not currently playing.
- Tap the team name of a player to change their team.
- Tap a player's name to see their hit count and spray chart.
- Tap the "view spray chart" button in the dialog box to view a player's history.
- Use the controls at the top of the screen to add a new team.
- Tapping the button adds a team while keeping the keyboard visible. This makes it easier to add multiple teams.
- Using the "Enter/Return" key on the keyboard will add a team (Android & iOS) and dismiss the keyboard (Android only).
- Tap the button to clear the "New Team" text box and dismiss the keyboard.
- Tap the "Team" header to sort alphabetically.
- Tap the check box to the left of the team name to select that team.
- Tap the double arrow button to the right of the team name to set the lineup for that team.
- Tap the "Play Selected" button to play the selected team(s). If a team has no preset lineup then it will start with a default lineup.
- Tap the "Delete Selected" button to delete the selected team(s) that are not currently playing.
- Tap the team name to view the players on that team.
- You can set or change a team's lineup from the team screen or, if the team is currently playing, from the field screen. If playing selected players, not teams, you can set or change the lineup on the field screen only.
- To set or change a team's lineup from the team screen, tap on the double arrow button to the right of the team name to bring up the roster.
- You are able to track up to 99 players per lineup. In Team mode, if you have not set your lineup prior to starting the game, the lineup defaults to 9 players(alphabetical order).
- To set or change a team's or selected player's lineup from the field screen, tap on the appropriate team box near the bottom of the screen to bring up the roster. If the team box is not currently selected you will need to tap it once to select it and again to bring up the roster.
- Once the team roster is up you can perform the following actions:
- Tap the baseball to the left of the player's name to set the player's batting order. Entering a zero "0" will bench the player.
- Any benched players will appear at the bottom of the list.
- To swap the batting order of two players simply assign one player the batting order of the other player.
- To substitute a benched player simply assign the player the appropriate batting order. This will swap the old player and the new player.
- To add a new player scroll to the bottom of the roster and tap "add new player".
- If you use a player's number instead of their name, the player's name will become "# - team name" (e.g. 23 - Astros).
- Tap the "Tip" button for help on working with the lineups
- Tap a team box to select it . A selected team box denotes the team currently batting, tapping it will bring up the team's roster. (see the lineup section for help with lineups, subs and player adds).
- Tap a player's name in the roster to make that player the current batter .
- Tapping the selected team box when the team's roster is up will simply close the roster.
- Tapping the unselected team box while the roster is up will view that team's roster.
- The name displayed in a selected team box is the player being charted. The players will automatically cycle in the order of their lineup.
- To chart a player's hit:
- Drag the baseball onto the field where the ball was hit. The status bar at the top of the screen actively charts the hit.
- When you release the ball, a menu will appear prompting you for the type of hit:
- After choosing the hit type, a menu will appear prompting you for the strength of the hit:
- After choosing the hit strength, a menu will appear prompting you to add the hit into the database:
- A back button is included in the above menus.
- After confirming the hit, the graphic will appear on the field during the player's next at bat along with any previous hits.
Examples of some graphics and what they mean:
- The strength of a line drive will always be strong.
- Tap the "Show Lines" or "Hide Lines" button to toggle the hit lines.
- A straight, solid line is a line drive.
- A straight, dotted line is a grounder.
- A curved, solid line is a fly ball.
- Tap the "End Game" button to finish the game.
- Tap the settings button from the home screen to change the application settings. From the settings screen you can perform the following actions:
- Toggle game sounds and button clicks.
- Set the number of hits to display on the field screen and spray chart screen.
- Backup your database.
- Restore your database.
- Tap the "Done" button to go back to the home screen.
- Tap the "Base Hit logo" to visit the Base Hit section of our website.